Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Anniversary and Gingerbread Houses!!!!

It's been a while (again) and lots of good stuff has happened. Tim and I had our first wedding anniversary on Novemeber 15!!! I can't believe it's been that long. It's been so great!!! So we decided to go away for the weekend just to get away for a while. We went to Park City because it's cheap and that's where we went on our honeymoon, plus I love it there! We stayed at the Best Western which was actually a lot better than I thought it would be. Except when we first got there we got our room key and I open the door and there's someone already in there. It was so weird. Lucky there wasn't anything going on in that room. So we ended up getting a bigger room that had a plasma tv because they made a mistake. It was a very relaxing weekend. We watched movies, went swimming, went out to eat, went shopping, and played ping pong, etc. It kind of sucked coming back to the real world again. But no pictures because I always forget to take pictures. Well, I do have a picture of us eating the top of our wedding cake which was suprisingly pretty good (except for the nasty icing that was inches thick and would not move, we steared clear of that stuff). Well, the next weekend (and throughout the week) I made an awesome gingerbread house. My mom used to always make one when I was growing up and I thought it was the coolest thing ever so I decided to convince her (and my sisters) to all make one together. I never realized how long it takes though. The first night I baked it which took like a couple of hours. The next night I put it together which was like 30 minutes. Then on Saturday I got to decorate it which by far took the longest. I was doing it for 6 hours. But I seriously loved every minute of it. Plus it probably took longer for me because I'm totally OCD about not messing it up and it being perfect. And of course I forgot to bring my camera so I don't have any pictures to show how awesome all of our gingerbread houses were (my mom and all of my sisters made one). But Erika took pictures so you can look at her blog to see how awesome they are at www.nateanderikagomm.blogspot.com. It was so much fun gingerbreading (that's what Tim kept calling it).

No comments: